Red Light Camera Offences


Running a Red-light Camera will result in an infringement notice per the Road Transport Act 2013 (NSW) with the fine usually being $439 plus the loss of three demerit points.

However, if you wish to act against the infringement and wipe this offence from your records, you can elect to have the matter determined in Court. The final verdict will depend on the facts and circumstances of your case presented in Court.



In NSW, a court can impose any of the following penalties for a Red-Light Camera charge of:

  • Fine and/or
  • New Conditional Release Order (CRO).



The law functions under the presumption that red light cameras are displaying accurate visuals. If you got captured by a red-light camera, the police will often hand over to you those photos. If you intend to argue on the inaccuracy of the detector, the burden of proof will be on you to show that it was broken or improperly operated along with the assistance of a professional, in court.



While building up a case against Red Light Camera charge, the following defences can be put up in your favor:

  • If you act was propagated by some threats or some pressure you succumbed to, you may be able to argue “Duress”;
  • If it was inevitable to act in the way you did, in order to prevent a bigger mishap/harm, you may have the defence of “Necessity”; or
  • The calibration of the camera was incorrect; or
  • You were not the driver at the time.



For Red light camera offences, Rep-Revive Criminal Lawyers® offers the following options:

  1. We initiate negotiation with prosecutors (police) (a term referred to as “plea negotiations”) and plead to withdrawal or downgrade of the charge or alternatively, seek amendments to the police fact sheets or documents.
  2. At the hearing/trial, Rep-Revive Criminal Lawyers® shall if you so instruct Plead Not Guilty and drive the argument based on prosecution’s inability to prove the elements of their accusation.
  3. Alternatively, Rep-Revive Criminal Lawyers® may plead guilty on your instructions however, the hearing shall revolve around the facts with an objective to obtain a moderate or minimum punishment.
  4. Lastly, Rep-Revive Criminal Lawyers® on your instructions enter a plea of guilt where you accept all the charges pressed by the police, but we present a case so solid on your behalf, with an objective to persuade and convince the Court to not record a criminal conviction against you.

For further information on your choices at law click on (CHOICES AT LAW tab on our website)



There are several reasons to engage Rep-Revive Criminal Lawyers®:

  •  We are always in your corner

At Rep-Revive Criminal Lawyers® we understand the gravity of a criminal charge on your reputation. Thus, we work with the utmost diligence and fervour to restore any dints to our client’s repute. We fight for your rights and liberty earnestly, and for the best results, irrespective of the intensity of the matter. All these factors have made us known in the industry as always being in our client’s corner. 

  •  We bring about excellent results

Rep-Revive Criminal Lawyers® is driven by positive outcomes and defend your case with skills which have been sharpened by years of experience. You will be dealing with lawyers who are proficient at their craft and will defend your case with rigour and an aim to have the matter withdrawn, downgraded, dismissed or the minimal penalty available at law imposed.

Rep-Revive Criminal Lawyers® are adept in all forms of advocacy and will present your case in the most skilful manner in Court. 

  • Your case will be in the hands of an experienced lawyer

Irrespective of your decision in deciding the course of the case, you will be supported and guided by Rep-Revive Criminal Lawyers® who have been in the provision of legal service for over 21 years. 

If you are charged with an offence, our team at Rep-Revive Criminal Lawyers® are best suited for representing your case.

Please contact our office on 0419 998 398 or 0492 857 721 or email for more information. The first consultation is free.


Speak to a Lawyer

Get a free Consultation